University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
All undergraduates who are returning to the University following a leave of absence or being discontinued (inactive status) pursuant to the administrative policy Leave of Absence and Readmission for Undergraduates: Twin Cities must complete.
Returning to active status: Complete this form to be considered for readmission and to regain active status. You may be returning from an official leave of absence or from inactive status.
Returning from academic suspension: Contact your college for any specific instructions to facilitate your return prior to completing this form. Your college may require a petition and additional follow up.
International students: Contact International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) before you fill out this form. There may be additional steps you need to take. You can reach ISSS at email@example.com or 612-626-7100.
To fill out this form, you will need to provide:
- the states and/or countries in which you have lived
- program and college information
- other schools or institutions you have attended
- employment history
- conduct/behavior history
This form may take up to 30 minutes to complete. This form will not be saved if you close your browser or clear your cache. Be prepared to complete this form in one sitting.
It will take 2 to 3 weeks for the University to review and process your request to return. If you need to request an exception due to start of semester deadline, contact the college you would like to return to.
Review and approval
By filling out this form, it is not guaranteed that you will be able to return to the University or return in the semester that you expect. Your college may determine when you can return based on the availability of space in the program. Your return may be denied based on crimes or other serious misconduct occurring during the leave that would have been grounds for suspension or expulsion had you engaged in the conduct while enrolled. If you were on inactive status for more than two semesters, you may be held to new program requirements upon your return.
Where to get help
- Contact your college with questions about returning to the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. More information on the One Stop website.
- For questions about financial aid or registration, contact One Stop Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-1111.
- For technical issues and questions, contact the Technology Help Desk at email@example.com or 612-301-4357.
- For accommodations, contact the Disability Resource Center at 612-626-1333.
Do not use your browser's back and forward buttons. Only use the form navigation buttons at the bottom of each page. Using browser buttons may cause you to lose information you entered or other errors.