Non-degree Activate Registration - Undergraduate

Twin Cities


Use this form to request to register as a non-degree undergraduate student at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. Once we process your request, you will be able to register for classes online in MyU.

You can use this form to request to register up to 2 terms in advance. If you want to register for a later term, return to this form in the future.

Do not use this form if you:

  • Are seeking readmission after being on inactive status. Contact your college office for readmission instructions.
  • Want to receive graduate credit and are not admitted to a graduate program. Instead, complete a "Registration Request for Graduate Credit" form available on One Stop:


Complete all required fields for identification and academic records purposes. We use the remaining optional fields for identification, advising, course placement, and institutional research. You will receive an email receipt of the form to confirm that we have received your request.


After you submit the form, University staff will review your request. Please allow up to three (3) business days for us to complete this step. We will contact you when your student record has been activated so that you can register.

Get help

For questions about this process, contact One Stop Student Services at 612-624-1111 or

For accommodations, contact the Disability Resource Center at 612-626-1333.

For technical issues, contact Technology Help at 612-301-4357 or


Do not use your browser's back and forward buttons. Only use the form navigation buttons at the bottom of each page. Using browser buttons may cause you to lose information you entered or other errors.